Question: What makes Budokan Karate Dojo a great place to train?
Here is what the students had to say in response!
- · Sensei Ken Trebilcock is a 7th Degree Black Belt who has travelled to Okinawa 13 times for his personal instruction.
- · He has learned and trained under the Grand Master, Dai Sensei Meitoku Yagi and Master Meitatsu Yagi.
- · He was awarded the title of Kyoshi in 2012.
- · He has 24 years of teaching Meibukan Gojyu-Ryu Karate.
- · Sensei teaches 98% of all classes.
The Dojo has a welcoming, friendly, and rich atmosphere:
- · Classes are available in the afternoon, evenings, and Saturday mornings.
- · A new student can train in all seven open classes depending on their schedule.
- · Traditional classes do not have any belt or level separation.
- · Traditional adult open classes are available from teens to seniors.
- · Beginners benefit from the training and experience of the black belts and advanced students as we all support each other.
- · If attending a noon hour class one will get to train with Sensei Ken, a 7th Degree Black Belt, as this is his training time. Sempai Dave, a 6th Degree Black Belt, trains in the noon hour classes as well.
- · We offer a serious study of Karate where everybody works and strives for perfection of their art at their own pace.
- · Authentic and legitimate lineage from the founder of Goju, Master Chojun Miyagi, to his senior, Master Meitoku Yagi founder of Meibukan Gojyu-Ryu, to his senior, Master Meitatsu Yagi. This is the lineage of Budokan Karate Dojo.
The Ways of Meibukan Gojyu-Ryu Karate:
- · Karate training is practised for health and self defence.
- · There is no pressure to compete and we do not do free/tournament sparring.
- · The training routine is suitable for everyone regardless of age or physicality, we all just do the best we can.
- · Seniors to children will be able to practice, progress, and grow stronger under Sensei’s guidance.
- · Our dojo is like family as we all work and help each other become better people through our study of Meibukan Gojyu-Ryu Karate.